Eucalyptus oil is great for soothing aches and pains naturally. Did you know it also helps relieve your cold and flu symptoms? Vapors from eucalyptus essential oil can be inhaled as a natural decongestant, and when distilled into an oil, eucalyptus also creates an effective chest rub. Adding a few drops of eucalyptus oil into your bath helps relieve muscle pain, and reduces inflammation.
Eucalyptus leaves and Eucalyptus essential oil have been used medicinally across the world for centuries for a variety of ailments. Extracted from the leaves of the eucalyptus plant, eucalyptus oil has antibacterial properties which makes it a great natural healing agent and natural antiseptic. Eucalyptus oil is also known for its anti-fungal and antiviral properties, making it a powerful natural remedy for cold and flu symptoms. Eucalyptus also helps to clear the sinuses, reduce swelling tissue, and break up mucus and phlegm.
The natural health benefits of eucalyptus essential oil are wide ranging, and it can be used in the a variety of ways to help with:
- Nervous System: As a stimulant, eucalyptus oil can rejuvenate and energize you when you’re feeling sick and sluggish from cold or flu symptoms, or just in your day to day life. Eucalyptus essential oil has a refreshing, cooling scent, which makes it a great natural treatment for mental exhaustion, stress, and anxiety. The refreshing aroma of eucalyptus helps remove nervousness, and exhaustion and will stimulate brain activity.
- Pain Relief: Eucalyptus essential oil is an excellent remedy for pain caused by inflammation. This also includes pain from sore muscles, tense muscles, muscular aches, rheumatism, sprains, backache and lumbago. A regular massage with eucalyptus oil provides relief from pain in the joints.
- Cold & Flu: Eucalyptus oil is extensively used as a natural expectorant. Breathe it in as a vapor in a diffuser, or apply to the skin of the neck to help loosen congestion and phlegm from the sinuses. IT can also be used to help reduce fever and bring down body temperature. Eucalyptus oil can provide cold and flu symptom relief, as well as relief for other respiratory problems including throat infections, flu, cough, cold, asthma, sinus congestion, bronchitis, whooping cough, laryngitis, and tonsillitis.
- Hair and Scalp Care: Eucalyptus essential oil can be mixed with coconut oil or olive oil to naturally nourish the scalp, prevent dandruff, and stop itching. Eucalyptus is also useful for treatment of lice as a natural alternative to the chemical treatments.
- Blood Circulation: When ingested, eucalyptus essential oil helps control blood sugar, and also improves blood circulation in the body. It is considered a vasodilator, and can be beneficial for those with Diabetes to stimulate a more consistent blood circulation.
- Immunity: Regular use of eucalyptus essential oil boosts the immune system and provides resistance to diseases.
- Skin Care: Remove grease, dirt, and grime from your hands with eucalyptus oil. Eucalyptus oil is great for cleansing and nourishing the skin due to its antiseptic and antifungal properties.
- Healing Wounds and Bug Bites: Eucalyptus oil makes a great healing agent for burns, scrapes, wounds, bug bites, and stings. Its antibacterial properties protect the wound from becoming infected, and it also works to soothe the pain and inflamed tissues.
- Dental Hygiene: Eucalyptus oil is an effective in naturally cleaning teeth, and preventing cavities and gingivitis. It is great for fighting plaque and healing oral infections due it is germicidal properties.
Eucalyptus oil blends well with many other essential oils including lavender, sage, spearmint, peppermint, and rosemary. Experience the health benefits of eucalyptus oil for yourself with these great natural products from Aroma Roots: